Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 2009-Why God Created Moms

I know that there are a hundred little verses & poems about "Why God Created Mothers" but I saw it firsthand this week. I had made BBQ chicken wings and purposefully kept a few plain for Hannah & Joshua. As Aaron was taking the meat off the bones for Joshua, he (Aaron) dipped it in the BBQ sauce before putting it on Joshua's plate. I said, "If he gets that in his hair you are on bath duty," to which Aaron says, "He's fine." Of course after every bite (of which there were MANY bites if you know anything at all about Joshua) he put his hands in his hair. After dinner while Joshua is playing, I see some sauce in his hair and point it out to Aaron. Aaron says, "no problem," picks Joshua up and using the dirty dish water wipes Joshua's hair down and says, "perfect!" and meant it! I am no longer worried about my position ever being eliminated!

2 comments:

Angel said...

That is so a man thing.I did'nt know if I should laugh or cry for you.

The Elliotts said...

Oh my!! And, why is it that they (men) can do such a great job dressing themselves, that when it comes to kids, you wonder if they are really looking at what they are putting on them, or doing a bad job to get out of it next time!!