Sunday, February 8, 2009

February 2009- Hannah's new room

Now that Hannah turned four, she has her own room (she & Joshua have been sharing up to this point!) So the guest bedroom/sewing room (we moved my stuff to the garage, sad I know but it's working out okay) and we made it Hannah's room. We did it as economically as possible, keeping the wall color the same, same white comforter and my old bedroom furniture. That being said . . .I think we did a great job. It was a group effort by our small group: Marty helped us "borrow/steal" the idea (thanks Parker!), Casey & Mary Leigh used their cricut to cut out the letters & polka dots and I just love it:

Then Mary Leigh cut out fabric letters and I made a pillow with Hannah's name:

I'm not sure the pictures do it justice but the colors actually do look cute together!
I made the curtains, bed skirt, shams, and then a organizer for the back of the door just to have some extra storage space. Hannah loves her new room and it's nice having she & Joshua separated during nap time-it seems like they are both resting better (okay I'm resting better as well!).

6 comments:

mary leigh said...

oh, my, you were right that pillow is the cutest thing i've ever seen!
I love it! I LOVE IT!

The Meier's said...

I think we should go in to business together selling them!

The Overstreets said...

Julie- It turned out perfect!!!! You are SO talented! I can't wait to see it in person!

SUZANNE said...

Love the way it turned out and the cross goes perfectly that we found at Hobby Lobby. Can't wait to see it in person.

Heather Nozea said...

Hannah's new room is sooo cute!! (Just like her!)

The St. Clair's said...

WOW - Hannah, your room is so cute. I bet you love playing in there. Julie, you never cease to amaze me!!