Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Job Opportunies! Yes Plural!

We have great news! While we were visiting Minnesota Aaron received 2 job offers: Praise God! The first, from Edward Jones as a Financial Advisor based in Smyrna/LaVergne, TN. The second, from Ascent Performance Group a small but solid travel company based in Houston, TX. Both jobs are really great opportunities and we had many discussions and even more prayers over what to do. But just today, July 8th, Aaron officially accepted the Edward Jones job and starts July 27th. We are very excited and nervous at the same time as he will have a learning curve entering a brand new industry. But as we all know, Aaron will excel as he does at everything he does! I'm so excited to see how God will use him in this new position as he will be face-to-face with lots of people, what a witness he will be!

We know all good things come from God, and we are so excited that He would bless us this way. God is so much better than we can even comprehend; we were just hoping for a job but He gives us careers with options-what an Awesome God we serve!

As we were making our decision and praying with Hannah, we had been praying for Aaron to have direction and when it was her turn she prayed, "Please let my daddy turn left, right, or straight. Amen." The innocence of children!

5 comments:

mary leigh said...

YEAH FOR TENNESSEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was seriously reading as fast as I could and was afraid I was going to see something bad!

I'm so glad yall are staying close! Now stop all the traveling so we can see yall!

Emily G. said...

Congrats!! Casey has been keeping me updated and I am so happy to hear you are staying in TN!!

Ryan Alexander said...

Congrats! Great news … We need to call the news and have them do a follow-up story about Aaron and his job search!

The Overstreets said...

TJ told me today that he ran into Aaron, I was glad b/c I feared you four had disappeared! I am SO excited y'all are staying in TN!!!!!!!!!! We love you guys and will continue to pray for Aaron as he embarks on this exciting opportunity! I passed the series 6 and 63 exam a few years ago, so if I can be of any help to him please let me know.

The Elliotts said...

I was like Mary Leigh. I read as fast as I could hoping to see TN!! Yeah! I'm so glad you guys found a job--or it found you. And, that you all are STAYING!! We knew you loved the south. This defin. calls for a small group outing!! I'll tell Eric to get the boat ready!